Lyrics, now lyrics to songs... I absolutely love. Yes I know lyrics are really just poetry to music. Still, I don't know what it is about it, that I love lyrics but not poems. Maybe they are more simply written. Maybe lyric writers are different kind of people, more simple, more "real". Maybe the hearing of the melody helps those feeling stir within me where I can understand the words. I don't know but I love songs with good lyrics. I don't care if the melody is catchy and cute, if the lyrics are stupid or don't make sense to me, I end up not liking the song.
I love the first song I have up on my playlist. Love it. I looked the lyrics up today (I always do when I love a song), and I love the song even more because the words, the words are full of meaning to me. My favorite line is this: "...Meaningful hidden words suddenly appear from the murk...the words have gone but the meaning will never disappear..." ok, I like all the lyrics but these lines just stood out to me.
Lovers' Carvings by Bibio
Lovers' names, carved in walls
Overlap, start to merge
Some of them underneath
Maybe they appear
In graveyards
Maybe they fade away
Weathered and overgrown
Time has told
Meaningful hidden words
Suddenly appear, from the murk
Maybe they're telling us
That the end
Never was
Never will
The words have gone
But the meaning will never disappear
From the wall
No comments:
Post a Comment