Monday, February 6, 2012

speeding time


I am amazed constantly about how fast time is breezing by. I am amazed and it also makes me nervous. I get in a bit of a panic. I just don't understand why it feels like it's going by so extremely fast. I want it to slow down, pleeeeaaassse, time, please slow down.....

I remember that I was able to fit in a whole lot more into my schedule back in the day when I was so very busy being a mom of young ones. I just ponder and ponder as to what the heck is going on in my life that I just can't get much finished, simple things done. I even entertain the idea that perhaps someone has cast a spell on me. some mean person has wished this turmoil on me. I like order and I must have cleanliness for me to function to the best of my ability, so this about me not being able to get to my cleaning and organizing and renovating and decorating just drives me crazy.

When Jenny and Tammy were little, and Lisa wasn't here yet was when I remember how busy I was and how much I got accomplished every single day. I amaze myself when I remember and think back. Once baby number 3 came, well it was lots harder. I don't know, something  about a third child makes mothering and wifing 100 times harder. It's weird. So that's when it all began. That's when my keeping up with my home began to have to wait. That's when my keeping up with all the photos had to wait. That's when the nicely filed important papers, and also the not so important ones - they just fell into a box. That's when the decorating and the renovating and the keeping up came to a halt. That's when.

You would think that once the children get older, it gets easier. That there is more time for catching up. more time for organizing. more time for cleaning and fixing up. NOPE. Didn't happen for me. I was busy then too. Busy with their school activities, then busy with planning their weddings, and now busy with the baby (soon to be babies).

...and now, only one child at home, and she's gone away at school. 2 daughters married beginning their families. You would think I could get things done around the house. Think again.

Mr. Pain puts up with my unfinished organizing, my unfinished projects. my piles everywhere. He's pretty good about it, but once in a while he will complain, and I feel like a bit of a failure when he 'notices. UGH. I'm trying. and one thing that does make me feel a little better is that I do get stuff done, just super duper slow.

Still with the chaos I feel about my home and the disorganization. still I am so very happy. Nothing to complain about as far as what my daughters grew up to be. They have never caused Mr. Pain and me any trouble. They have always been good girls. I am so proud of them.

I wouldn't do things any other way because I much rather spend time making memories than organizing and cleaning and remodeling and decorating. I learned that from my mom. Sometimes though, I just know that it would be nice and lots less stressful if I could get a handle on those things and get it DONE, so that I wouldn't have to worry about it so much. ugh.

This brings me to some of the blogs out there. I just don't understand how these women with young children, some of them have lots of little kids, and a home to keep and a husband to love, and friends to entertain, and workshops to attend...How on earth do they have time to keep such beautiful blogs with tutorials, and baking and cooking to capture picture for us to see, and recipes to follow, and etsy shops and so much to show us. I don't understand. I just don't see how it's possible.

Someone please explain things to me......












2 comments:

Tammy said...

I think youre spending more time helping us, spending time with Dad, and making memories. Sorry, I know we keep you busy (me and Jenny especially lately) :) But I also think the house is always clean, organized, and your projects are progressing...you just have a lot of different projects going at once right now. I think youre just harder on yourself.

And I dont get it either with the moms with young kids and blogs...annoys the crap out of me.

Anonymous said...

I watch the grandbaby while the kids work too and know exactly how you feel. Hang in there!