Monday, January 10, 2011

a couple of jokes / Steel Magnolias

I'm going to tell 2 jokes I heard on Friday at the hair salon. I need to laugh a little because I think I'm gonna be a little sad today. I can't help it. I feel it coming. I hate good bye's...... Lisa and Patty just left to go back to school.....

I was having my hair colored and styled on Friday. It was a nice experience, unusual for me. I usually HATE going to the hair salon. I'm not a girly girl. What can I say? I HATE sitting there and chit chatting and blah blah blabbing. I hate it. I would much rather not have to listen to the latest gossip. I would much rather not talk, just read a magazine or something, but it seems like that's not possible, it seems like gossip and yakking at the mouth goes with a hair appointment. I know I'm weird. Well, that's why I only go about twice a year, only because my hair looks so bad that I HAVE to go. In between my trips to the salon, I color and cut myself...not such a pretty site!

This time at the salon seemed different. I felt like I was in the scene of Steel Magnolia's in Truvy's hair salon. All the girls bonding, chatting, being themselves, as their hair was getting done. I loved it. I was thinking of the movie as I was enjoying our woman bonding time. I was wanting to grab my camera so bad and snap a picture for this post, but I was afraid of messing the moment up. I didn't want to do that. It was too delightful. Anyway, the stylist next to mine is a crazy girl. Lots of fun. As she left for the day, she told 2 jokes I want to share, no they're not dirty, they're not nasty, they're sweet innocent jokes. Here they are:

Joke 1:  Do you know why a ballerina wears a too-too? Well, because a one-one is too small and a three-three is too big. hahahaha

Joke 2:  Did you hear the energizer bunny is in jail?
            No, what happened, why is he in jail?
            They say it was battery. hahahaha

That's it folks, hope you laughed a little. Laughter is the best medicine. Good for the heart and soul. Speaking of the subject of laughter and how it is soul and heart food, let me show you a clip from Steel Magnolias. I have 3 favorite parts from this movie. This is part of one of them. The scene at Shelby's funeral.

"Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion". One of my favorite quotes from the movie.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

you feel that way even with the new place we go to? I dont. Its actually relaxing because I dont feel like i have to chit chat with her. Sometimes I even close my eyes and just rest. :)

me said...

I know, that's probably why I felt different this time. It's so cute there and Yoli is nice and mellow.