| baby girl Sarah playing with the box her toy came in :) |
Having a grand baby stirs up my memory a bit and I get to remember stuff that has been tucked away in my memory bank for so long. It's nice to remember again. Makes me feel so sentimental. Gives me that moment when you feel like you need a deep sigh. makes me feel like time stops for a little bit. and all is still. all is peaceful. when I remember things of when I was a young mom. a young mom with only one little baby girl, then 2 little girls, then 3 daughters. daughters of mine. I LOVED THAT TIME. oh how I loved it....
I recently bought a crib toy for Sarah. One day she and Tammy were over my house. We were just sitting at the kitchen table talking. Then I remembered I had bought this toy. I brought it out to show mama and baby. Sarah liked her new toy, and she also loved the box. Isn't that funny how babies love plain ol' stuff like boxes and paper and Tupperware containers and just whatever. Before children, I stored my plastic containers up on the upper kitchen cabinet. Once I became a mom and my girls were babies able to sit up on their own, I switched my plastic containers to the lower cabinets although it was not as convenient for me, but that way, at the bottom, when I cooked dinner or washed dishes or spent any length of time in the kitchen, I would just plop whatever baby I had at the time on the floor, open the plastic container cabinet doors and baby girl would go to town with those bowls. Sometimes I added some 'fun' and gave them my wooden spoons to bang the bowls with and make 'music'. When it was time to leave the kitchen, I would scoop my baby up and leave the plastic ware all over the floor for later pick up, probably once my baby girl was in bed or daddy held her or big sister/s entertained her.
I am so thankful that God decided to 'loan' me 3 daughters so that I could be their mom. their guardian. their protector. their keeper... I am so thankful for my memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment