Wednesday, February 15, 2012

lubbock


I got back from Lubbock on Monday evening. We went to visit our baby at school. Mr. Pain and I drove there for 6 hours and took along Tammy and sweet Sarah. We didn't do much but visit, eat, and relax. It was COLD there. bitter cold, especially at night when I had to take the pups out to do their business. brrrrr. It also snowed. snowed a lot! so pretty much we stayed in. On Saturday we decided to go to the one and only mall there, and it was so jam packed with people - people everywhere - that we came back home after just a little while. There really is not much to do in Lubbock. It's farmers there and college students and that's it!

I was glad to get home mostly because the dry weather sometimes really bothers me. my sinuses. my nose. my lungs. my face. my lips. I guess all the breathing areas. Boy did it bother me this time. It all began pretty much immediately after we arrived. I tell you, I dry up so much that it hurts to breath and when I went outside and that cold wind hit my face (the only exposed skin on me), it hurt like HECK! Oh, I hate that feeling. I am from El Paso, and I had a hard time with the breathing and the dryness all my young life while living there as well. El Paso = dry weather. That's one good thing about Dallas' hot yucky summers and the bitter cold icy winters....it's moist air. Great for the lungs and for the skin.

The whole time I was in Lubbock I breathed with my mouth open. (I never do that normally!) My nose was hurting and I felt clogged up but when I tried to blow my nose nothing came out, just my ears popped like crazy. So I tell you, I'm not exaggerating here but as soon as we passed Arlington, TX, on our drive home, my nose unplugged. Just like that! I could breath again through my nostrils. Amazing! and weird. Arlington is about one hour away from my house.

I didn't enjoy the road trip as much this time and I didn't enjoy Lubbock that much either. I'm glad Lisa will be graduating in May. I'm tired of Lubbock. I tend to get tired of places and tv shows and stuff real fast. I wonder if I have ADD. Nah, I'm just inpatient with certain things and that's why I'm a simple, classic kind of gal. I get tired of trends even before they happen. Does that make sense?


Mr. Pain and Buddy in Lisa's living room.

Lisa kissing the baby.

Tammy. She was either nursing the baby or pumping for milk.

Out to eat at Chimy's.


Lisa's eating area and the tiny kitchen in the dark area. I was focusing on the Texas Tech plate sitting on the table that Patsy (Patrick's mom) gave Lisa for Christmas.

The view out of Lisa's apartment the morning after the big snow. Some of the snow had melted by now.

A quiet tender moment. MY FAVORITE PICTURE. Lisa and Sarah in her bedroom looking out the window. looking at the snow.




3 comments:

Karissa said...

I love these pictures!!!
Lisa is such a natural with Sarah! She is going to be a good mommy.

Also, did you use normal saline at all during your trip to Lubbock? I have a nasal spray of normal saline that I use every time my nose gets congested. It's a really simple remedy that works! Normally the congestion is gone the next day. At first I was scared to use it, but then I got over it and it wasn't hard to use and didn't hurt.

Lisa said...

Thanks Karissa! =)

me said...

Glad you like, Karissa. Yes, I have tried the saline drops, and actually Tammy uses them for the baby. It does work. I guess I didn't think about it while in Lubbock. You go girl! Ms. Nursey! I'm so glad we're getting us a nurse in the family! YAY!

Hi Cisa :)