Wednesday, November 2, 2011

friends versus mexican friends


I just received something thru email from my cousin Tencha.  I smiled as I read most of it, and I laughed at some of it and I nodded my head understanding all of it. I love that I am Mexican. I always say that next life I want to return as a Mexican, but a Mexican who remains in Mexico. A Mexican born in Mexico, (I was born in the USA)  to live, to study, to have fun, to work, to fall in love, to raise a family, to age in, to die there...pretty much for an entire lifetime.

Here it is, I just had to post it. I love it! Thanks cousin :)




                                

IF YOU'RE FORTUNATE TO HAVE A MEXICAN FOR A FRIEND...

Comparison Thesis:
FRIENDS versus Mexican Friends





FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Are the reason you have food .. . ..



FRIENDS: Will say 'hello.'
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Will give you a big hug and a besito . . . (besito means sweet kiss)



FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Call your parents mom and dad


FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Cry with you...


FRIENDS: Will eat at your dinner table and leave.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Will spend hours there, talking,
laughing and just being together and then take a plate to go...



FRIENDS: Borrow your stuff for a few days then give it back.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Keep your stuff so long they forget it's yours...


FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you ...


FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowds' a __ that left you.



FRIENDS: Will knock on your door.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Walk right in and say, 'Heeeey, I'm here!'. .



FRIENDS: Are for a while.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Are for life and will see you hasta luego in that riconcito en el cielo. (this means - see you later in that little corner in heaven)



FRIENDS: Pretend it is OK when you are being a pest.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Tell you, 'Hay, como fregas!!!  (this means - you're such a pest!)



FRIENDS: Will ignore this.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Will forward this to their Homies,
comadres, familia, tios, tias,
nanas, sanchos, cunadas, la vecina, etc... (this means - pretty much everyone you know)



hahaha, love it!




4 comments:

Jenny said...

Love the comments you added. This goes for any tight nit family or friends I think. :)

Jenny said...

P.S. sometimes I wish I had more of this with my extended family. even though they are Mexican, they are Americanized too, so I get your comments about wanting to live in real Mexico. :) Sounds fun

Anonymous said...

Teri, Jenny is sooo cute! I also wish your daughters had grown up close with our extended Mexican-American family...especially their cousins. They have so many!!!
It's never too late, right? :-)

T.F.

maryelizabethroche said...

I'm Italian...very similar!!
Great post!