Yesterday evening I got the strongest craving for fruit, citrus fruit specifically. Good thing I have plenty of that in the fridge. In my fridge currently are plenty of lemons, limes, oranges, mini oranges, and grapefruit. I usually don't crave fruit. If I crave something, it's sweets, baked goods, or some kind of hot drink like coffee, tea, or hot cocoa.
I like my fruit room temperature, so I usually set what I want to eat later on the kitchen counter. Well this time my citrus craving came on suddenly and strongly, so out of the fridge and cold I ate them; 4 mini oranges (I think they are called Cuties) and 1 grapefruit. Yum. Enjoyable. Refreshing.
Eating my goodies, I thought of my mom. That woman loved her citrus. She loved fruit in general, but citrus is what I remember her enjoying the most. Always lots of fruit at our house. I remember her buying them in big bags or even in boxes. A momma and her little girls, eating citrus at home.
Happy Memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment