Before bed tonight, or shall I say last night, since it's about 1am Wednesday, I decided to catch up on my reading of some of my favorite blogs. One favorite is The Pioneer Woman. In her cooking section, I noticed she was wearing some sort of prayer bracelet. She mentions that the prayer on that bracelet is that of St. Francis. I love St. Francis of Assisi, better known to me as "San Francisco de Asis". I visited the Cathedral dedicated to St. Francis while I was in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Beautiful church. Mr. Pain and I also attended Mass there.
Back to the prayer - I know part of the prayer, but not all of it, so I googled it. This is my favorite version - the one that Mother Theresa delivered when addressing the United Nations in 1985.
Just thought I'd share:
- Lord, make me a channel of thy peace.
- That where there is hatred I may bring love,
- That where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness,
- That where there is discord, I may bring harmony,
- That where there is error I may bring truth,
- That where there is doubt I may bring faith,
- That where there is despair I may bring hope,
- That where there are shadows I may bring light,
- That where there is sadness I may bring joy.
- Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted,
- To understand than to be understood,
- To love than to be loved.
- For it is by forgetting self that one finds.
- It is by forgiving that one is forgiven,
- it is by dying that one awakens to eternal life.
- Amen.
1 comment:
time for a new post please :)
Post a Comment